Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Sugar-Free Day

I've been consuming obscene amounts of sugar lately.  In the past, my pregnancy cravings have always been for salty/savory foods, but this time I'm just a sugar fiend.  It's gotten quite out of hand, and I decided (after a Halloween candy incident yesterday) that today I would go completely without sugar. 

Basically that means, none of the granulated or powdered white stuff, no Halloween candy, and no baked goods.  I was going to say no calorie-containing drinks, but I did have some 1% milk on my Raisin Bran for breakfast, and I polished off the last cup of orange juice in the carton - not that those are horrible things.  I'm not really a pop-drinker, not regular pop anyway.  I sometimes buy diet Sprite or diet Rite cherry cola.  Cherry Coke is my favorite pop of all time.  My kids each got a can of cherry Coke Zero at one of the houses we trick-or-treated on Monday.  I'm having a hard time staring at it in the fridge every day without stealing a can.  I think they would wonder, though...

So, in the interest of being completely honest, I cleaned out the fridge this morning, and when I threw away the three remaining pieces of my son's birthday cake from two weeks ago, I did take one small lick of buttercream frosting.  Considering how much sugar I've been eating lately though, I think that's still a vast improvement.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to drink some water and eat some broccoli. 

Your Veggie-ness,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment