Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Kate's Party...

and she'll...nevermind.  Today is my little sister's birthday!  Happy 26th, Kate! 

I kinda hate that you're lucky enough to still be in your 20s, but I'll forgive you just this once.  Now hurry up and turn 30. 

And now for a list.  I love lists.  This list is called "What I've Been Doing."

1. Cooking
2. Cleaning (Not really.  Ha!)
3. Taking care of my kids
4. Ordering Christmas cards
5. Cooking
6. Taking care of other people's kids
7. Hemming pants
8. Washing dishes
9. Cleaning (Just a little.)
10. Cooking

Yes, I've been enjoying my new mixer.  Why do you ask?

Actually I've been reading cookbooks and trying to get up the courage to make homemade bread.  I had finally decided to go for it when, one night, we had some friends over for dinner, and my friend's husband said that he had been going to our local Hutterite colony, buying raw milk from them, and using his mixer to MAKE HIS OWN BUTTER.  "Oh yeah, it's so simple," he commented.  "Just separate the milk from the cream, get the mixer going to churn it, and about an hour later you've got a big ball of butter." 

He makes his own butter??  How am I supposed to deal with that when I've never even made homemade bread and my last baking attempt (cinnamon rolls) turned out more like coffeecake?  That's the last straw, Bob.  You've rained on my parade with your culinary adventurousness, and now you must be destroyed. 

(Or at least not invited over again until I've baked something really spectacular and can put you in your place.)

Not Your Friend Anymore Until You Stop Being Way Cooler Than Me,
Jessica

P.S.  I was just kidding, Bob.  You can come over.  But you have to stay out of my kitchen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment