Thursday, November 3, 2011

Groan

Stomach flu has come to our house.  *Moan*  I don't feel so good.  Surgeon Hubby was up all night with stomach pain, vomiting, and that other disgusting bodily symptom of the flu, which I'm not going to name because it would just be too much, and I'd lose all my readers.  Wait - I don't have any readers!  I'm still not going to say it.  Nevermind.

*On a side note, I did pretty well with my sugar-free day yesterday.  One tiny lick of buttercream frosting, one sip of hubby's Mello Yello, and...ok, I admit it: my sweet friend Betty gave me a packet of Little Debbie chocolate-iced mini donuts, and I ate them.  But it's still a huge improvement from how things have been lately.  Also, I went to the dentist this morning, and I have two cavities.  I'll think about the correlation between those things...tomorrow.

Back to the flu - my older son had it this weekend, and it ran its course in about 24 hours, so I hope it clears up as quickly in Hubby.  My younger son has been complaining of a tummyache today, and my own appetite is nonexistent, which means something's gotta be wrong.  All I felt like eating for lunch was sugar-free orange Jell-O and soda crackers.  We had invited some friends over for dinner tomorrow night, but it looks like a cancellation is imminent.  I think I hear my pillow and duvet calling...

Love and Pepto-Bismol,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment